Lemon is a cross between bitter or sour orange and citron, and they are different from lime! To learn more such lemon facts keep reading till the end.
Astonishing Lemon Facts
- According to researchers, Lemons originated in north-western India.
- India is still the largest producer of lemon in the world. Annually India contributes around 17% of the total lemon production in the world.
- Lemon ‘Caviar’ also known as the Finger Lime is the most costliest lemon in the world, for a pound you will have to pay $180.
- A seed grown lemon tree can take up to 6 years to start producing fruits.
- You can not only use lemon fruits but also leaves to prepare delicious and healthy tea.
- The average life span of lemon tree is 50 years but it can live up to 100 years under optimum, well that’s quite a good stretch!
- From 8th year after plantation, you can harvest lemons thrice in a year, and can get 1000 to 15000 lemons from a tree per year.
- Juice, peel, pulp, & essential oil of lemon can be used to produce thousands of industrial products such as pectin, detergents, scented candles, powdered juices, alcoholic beverage, etc.
- In the past, Kings used to present each other lemons as a gift because they were so rare in the history.
- All other fruit in the world is cationic, but only to Reams Biological Ionization Theory, lemon is the only fruit in the world that is anionic.
- Lemons are rich in Vitamin-C and fibres, they also contain very little amount of fats & proteins.
- From 100 grams of lemon you can get around 29 colories, 9.3 grams carbohydrates, 2.8 grams fibre, 2.5 grams sugar & 0.3 gram fat.
- Lemons can help in lowering blood sugar levels as they contain pectin.
- Consuming lemons help in improving immunity and skin health as they are rich in Vitamin-C and antioxidants.
- Lemons are also helpful in maintating cardiovascular health as they contain potassium which help in lowering blood pressure levels.
RELATED POST: Mind-Blowing Facts About Strawberry!