ड्रैगन का पेड़ | ड्रेकेना मार्जिनटा
This picture of the Dragon tree is captured in Mr. Sital Sarkar’s home garden.
Dracaena marginata (Madagascar Dragon) is a plant in the family एस्परगसी, native to Madagascar. It is a very popular household plant that typically grows to 6 feet tall or more overtime unless pruned shorter. It is also known as the Dragon tree, which is an attractive stiff-leaf with green sword-like leaves edged with red.
Dragon tree is a very popular indoor plant, particularly for their sculpture look. Slender gray upright stems are topped by tufts of arching, glossy, sword-shaped, leathery leaves enhanced looking beauty and make popular among plant lovers.
Popular varieties of Dragon Tree
1. Dracaena marginata Colorama
2. Dracaena marginata tricolor
3. Dracaena marginata tarzan
4. Dracaena marginata bicolor
5. Dracaena marginata magenta
|Dragon tree in Mr. Sarkar’s Garden
Tips to grow Dragon Tree in home garden
1. The best time to plant the Dragon tree is in early spring. You can purchase seedlings from any nursery or propagate through cutting.
2. It is best to grow Dragon tree it yourself by head cutting or stem cutting.
3. Head cutting :
a) Take fresh shoots tips of a length of 8 cm.
b) Put them in 6-inch diameter garden container with a potting mix soil.
c) Use rooting medium like IBA (Indole butyric acid) powder to induce roots in cutting. If you have no rooting medium no problem. Rooting medium increases success to develop roots in cuttings.
d) You should maintain moisture of soil moderately till seedling grows roots properly.
e) Use potting mix like 70% loamy soil+ 20% sand+ 10% coco peat or any well-drained potting mix.
f) Stem cutting:
a) Chop up the stem into sections of 6 to 8 inches long.
b) Wash your cutting in low concentrate fungicide.
c) Note which end is at the base and which is at the top.
d) Now place the base of each stem in a jar of water.
e) Now place the jar in a dark room at a temperature between 22 to 24 degrees centigrade.
f) Top up the water regularly with fresh water.
g) Check for white nodules around the base of the stem which will develop into long roots.
h) Once the stem sections are well rooted, pot each one in a seedling container.
4. The cuttings will start rooting in 3 to 4 weeks.
5. It is ideal to put the young plants now in cultivation soil in the pot. Cover it for increased humidity with a plastic foil at the base of the plant stem near the root zone.
6. The perfect time for repotting into the substrate is when you see first shoots developing on the stem.
7. Water soil medium regularly till seedlings are developed properly.
8. Feed plants with 1 teaspoon bone dust in a month from March to October. It is not necessary to fertilize after November.
9. When the plant reaches the desired height, less fertilizer should be provided.
10. During the hot summer days or heating period, spray leaves daily with fresh water.
11. Dragon tree needs to prune to avoid the plant from growing in all direction.
12. Use cotton cloth to clean leaves.
13. Remove and destroy all fallen leaves.
14. Change pot as per the growth of plants.
15. Dragon tree is less prone to pest.
16. Some insect pest attacks during summer. In such cases use 5% Neem oil और spray on plants every 15 days.
If you have dogs or cats at home, it is advisable to avoid planting any Dracena, it can be toxic if ingested, especially by smaller animals. The saponins in the plant leaves and bark can induce vomiting or vomiting blood, anorexia, excessive salivation, and depression.
Benefits of Dragon Tree
1. Dracaena is one of the most effective houseplants in air purification.
2. It helps to remove carcinogenic elements like formaldehyde, benzene, and trichloroethylene.
3. It helps to remove several chemicals linked with several health problems, among them a headache, respiratory problems, anemia, kidney disease, etc.
4. Dracaena is effective in humidity control. According to studies by the Agriculture University of Norway, the use of houseplants will help decrease incidences of colds, dry skin, dry cough, and sore throats.
5. The plants have been linked to increased self-esteem; improve mood and sense of well-being.
6. Dracaena houseplants are good not only for producing oxygen and improving the visual appeal. They contribute to a Zen feeling and bring actual health benefits.
You can संपर्क करें to ask questions or to give feedback to us.
You can watch our YouTube introduction video here, go and subscribe for further updates.