Some preventive measures for the diseases of poultry birds are:
- Cleanliness and Sanitation: Clean and disinfect equipment, farm, and living areas to reduce the risk of disease transmission. Cleanliness in the poultry farm not only helps to prevent diseases but also reduces greenhouse gas emissions from the farm.
- Vaccination: Follow an effective vaccination program after consulting with a veterinarian for your specific region and poultry type to protect birds from common diseases.
- Nutrition: Providing a well-balanced diet to poultry birds is as essential as cleanliness to prevent poultry birds from diseases. A good nutrient diet helps to ensure that birds have a strong immune system.
- Biosecurity: To control the spread of diseases, control the access to the farm and minimize contact with birds and other potential carriers of diseases.
- Ventilation: Proper ventilation in poultry houses helps to prevent the buildup of harmful gases which ultimately reduces the risk of respiratory diseases.
If you have any queries, ideas or suggestions, then please comment below. You can also connect with Agriculture Review on Facebook, Instagram, Koo and WhatsApp Messenger.