What is Waste Decomposer?
Waste decomposer is a bio-fertilizer, bio-pesticide, bio-control and soil health reviver developed by National Centre Of Organic Farming, Ghaziabad (India). It is basically a consortium of few beneficial microorganisms produced from Indian cow dung.
These microorganisms produces primary metabolites that are a precursor of anti microbial compounds. It also produces anti microbial secondary metabolites including polyketides and alkanes.
These antibacterial microbes in the farm soil and plants controls and prevents diseases. They also produces glucanase and β-1, 3 glucanase enzymes that helps to improve defence mechanisms of the plants.
Waste decomposer acts as quick decomposer of waste compounds in the soil and has been prepared from cow dung by Krishan Chandra.
This amazing multipurpose bio-fertilizer can be used in large scale agricultural farms as well as in home garden. The process to prepare this manure is very easy, cost effective and take only 5 days to be prepared.
It costs only 20 Rupees to buy a bottle of waste decomposer. The shelf life of this manure is three years. Once you have prepared the solution of microbes in your farm or home garden then you can use the same solution to make more manure again and again.
Farmers or garden enthusiast doesn’t need to depend on costly fertilizers or pesticides after using this manure. It does all work for your plants. I will suggest all my readers to use this once and observe its benefits.
READ MORE: JEEVAMRUT COMPLETE GUIDE
How to prepare solution of waste decomposer?
In large scale farms you can prepare mass multiplication solution in a 200 litres plastic drum. Only use plastic drum for this purpose. Avoid using any metallic material in the whole process.
Materials required are:
- Plastic Drum (200 litres capacity)
- Jaggery (2 Kg)
- Waste Decomposer (one bottle)
- Fill the plastic drum with 200 litres of water and mix 2 Kg Jaggery in water with the help of a wooden stick.
- Empty a bottle of waste decomposer in the water drum and stir the mixture very well with the help of a wooden stick.
- Cover the drum properly with plastic or wooden material. For 5 days you have to open the covering only when you will stir the culture.
- Stir the culture twice in a day for 5 minutes with the help of a wooden stick.
- After 5 days the solution will turn creamy. After 7 days you can use this solution mixed with water in 1:3 to spray in your farm.
READ MORE: HOW TO CONTROL MEALYBUGS
How to make waste decomposer at home?
If you do not have farm land but you have your own terrace or balcony garden then also you can prepare and use this solution in your plants to get good results.
For home gardening purpose you can prepare this solution in a smaller amount. If you have large space then you can try the process mentioned above.
But to prepare this solution for home garden for very small scale purpose you will need
- 25 Litres capacity plastic bucket,
- Jaggery (200 grams)
- Waste decomposer (3 grams)
- Water ( 20 litres)
- Fill the plastic bucket with 20 litres of water, add 200 grams jaggery in the bucket and 3 grams of waste decomposer.
- Stir the solution with the help of a wooden stick and cover the drum properly with plastic and wooden cover.
- Stir the solution twice in a day for 5 minutes daily. After 6 days this solution will become ready to be used.
- Mix 3 parts of this solution in 10 parts of water i.e. 30% solution. You can spray this solution in the form of a spray once after every 7 days on your plants.
Stir the solution daily and after 7 days you can use this solution again.
Waste decomposer uses
- Waste decomposer can be used in the form of bio-pesticides. Dilute the prepared solution with water in 1:3 and apply as a foliar spray to control pest and diseases.
- It increases soil health and improves fertility of the soil. This prepared solution can be used for seed treatments before sowing.
- Regular use of the solution improves crop yield and quality.
- Crop sprayed by this solution are not eaten by Blue bulls.
- This solution can be used for all crops and is cost effective, time saving and easy to use. In comparison to other manures that takes months to be prepared, you can prepare this solution within a week.
- Dependency of various types of manures, fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides and fungicides is reduced to zero after using waste decomposer.
- One small bottle of the starter culture can help to produce one lakh metric tonne organic manure in a year.
- It is simple and reliable to use.
Aditya Abhishek is an Agriculture Science student who focuses on learning and delivering knowledge on Agriculture and Home Gardening. He created Agriculture Review as a common platform for all nature enthusiast to learn better practices of agriculture and gardening.