agriculture review

Protect Your Kids From These Houseplants

by aditya abhishek


If you love growing houseplants, but have kids in home then you should be careful while growing these houseplants that contain toxic chemicals in part parts. 


Pothos contain calcium oxalate crystals, hence can cause burning sensation and swelling of oral parts if ingested by your kids. Therefore, keep them out of their reach. 

Dumb Canes

Dumb canes can be poisonous to your kids. Ingestion of leaves can cause swelling or oral parts, burning sensation. 

ZZ Plant

Due to presence of calcium oxalate crystals, ingestion can cause swelling of lips, tongue, and throat. Skin irritation can also occur on touching exposed plant parts.

Peace Lily 

Peace lily also contains insoluble calcium oxalate crystals, that’s why they are poisonous to kids. Ingestion can cause oral and gastrointestinal irritation, swelling, etc.

Jade Plant

Jade plants contain saponins which is highly toxic. Ingesting plant parts of Jade can cause depression, increased heartbeat and gastric distress.

Thanks For reading!

Next Article: How To Grow Hyacinth?