by aditya abhishek
Houseplants are a great addition to any home, but not all plants are created equal. Some plants can be toxic to humans and pets, causing serious health problems.
Peace Lily is a popular houseplant that contains calcium oxalate crystals, which can cause irritation and swelling of the mouth, tongue, and throat.
Pothos is a trailing vine that's easy to care but it's toxic to cats and dogs and can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and difficulty breathing.
Philodendron is a popular houseplant due to its large, glossy leaves but it's toxic to both humans and pets and can cause irritation and swelling of the mouth and throat.
Dieffenbachia, also known as dumb cane contains calcium oxalate crystals, which can cause severe irritation and swelling of the mouth and throat.
This hardy plant is easy to care for but contains saponins that can cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea if ingested in large quantities.
Keep the plant out of reach of children and pets. If ingested, seek medical attention immediately. Always wash hands after handling these plants.
Overall, houseplants can be a wonderful addition to your home, but it's important to be aware of any potential risks. By taking precautions, you can enjoy the beauty of your plants without any harm.
thanks for reading!