|BSc. AGRICULTURE COLLEGE|SYLLABUS|SUBJECTS|SCOPE|
4 years course
(10+2 with PCM/B)
How to select college?
Subjects included in Bsc. Agriculture Syllabus
Subjects in 1st semester
1. Elementry statistics-This subject is compulsory for all students. It may be easier for maths background students and a chance for biology background students to understand the basics of statistics.
2. Agriculture meteorology-This subject will give you information about different instruments used for measuring weather and climatic conditions this gives us the idea of different seasons and rainfall measuring instruments, wind speed, wind direction, etc.
3. Computer application- In this subject you will learn the basics of using computers and many different use of computer applications.
4.English- This subject focuses on your lingual English, this subject will teach you good English speaking skills and grammatical correction.
5. Agronomy-This subject will teach you about different crops their scientific names and the basic process of producing a crop and different terms in crop production.
6. Rural sociology-This subject will teach us about farmers condition and their problems in producing crops and it will also teach us how to connect with farmers and how to collect information from a village and surveys In villages.
7.Elementary agriculture/Elementary biology/Elementary mathematics- Students have to select one subject out of these 3 subjects according to their own interest.
Subjects in 2nd semester
1. Fundamentals of Soil Science-This subject taught us about soil, it’s the definition, quality, structure, texture, types of soils, and the process of how soil gives birth to different crops and formulation of different fertilizer and chemicals or biofuels in the soil.
2. Fundamentals of Horticulture– This subject teaches us about horticulture crops, their scientific names, family, chromosome number. This subject gives us knowledge about the cultivation technology of different fruits. It also teaches us about different types of gardens.
3. Elementary Plant Biochemistry-This is an introduction to biochemistry as in further semester we will study this subject in brief.
4. Weed Management-This subject tells us about different types of weeds present in our fields of different crops. we also learn and identify many different weeds with their scientific names and their management.it also teaches us about a different method of weeding.
5. Element of Genetics-This subject teaches us about the genetic sequence of different crops and the process of producing hybrid seeds.
6.Introductory entomology– This subject gives the introduction of different insects and pests which can harm our field this subject makes us able to identify different insects and their control.
7.introduction to plant pathology-This subject teaches us how different pests attack crops and reduce the yield of crops. This subject also tells us about different plant pathogens.
8. Microbiology-This is an introduction part of different scientific and lab methods of growing plants in this we will learn about tissue culture and other methods.
Subjects in 3rd semester
1. Vegetable Production-This subject teaches us about all the vegetables their scientific names and their families with their cultivation technology.
2. Irrigation Water Management-This subject teach us about water requirement of crop and why water is important for the production of crops. This also tells us the quantity of water to be applied in fields.
3. Principles of Plant Breeding & Breeding of Field Crops-This subject teach us about genetic research on various crops and this also tells us about different hybrid seeds and their benefits.
4. Soil Fertility and Nutrient Management-This subject teaches us about how soil fulfills the nutritional demand of crops.
5. Agriculture Marketing and International Trade-This subject teach us about the Marketing system of agriculture products in national and international markets.
6. Field Crops I (Kharif) -This subject teaches us about crops grown in the Kharif season.
7. Crop Diseases and their Management– This subject teaches us about different pests of various crops and their Management.
Subjects in 4th semester
1. Economic Entomology-This subject teaches us about the importance of insects and harmful effects of pests
2. Introduction to Plant Biotechnology -This subject teaches us about different methods of producing plants by using a plant part and obtaining a highly sterilized plant.
3. Field Crops II (Rabi)-This subject teaches us about different types of crops grown in the rabi season.
4. Agriculture Co-operation, Finance and Business -This subject teaches us about how to manage the finance of crops, loans etc.
5. Insect Pest and their Management-This subject teach us about the management of different pests in detail.
6. Fruit and Plantation Crops-This subject teaches us about different types of fruit plants.
7. Livestock Production-this subject teaches us about different animals and their benefits in agriculture.
8. Rainfed Agriculture -This subject teaches us to grow crops with max.efficiency use of water.
Subjects in 5th semester
1. Poultry Management-This subject teaches us about poultry farm management and their benefits.
2. Mushroom Cultivation-This subject teaches us about the cultivation practices of mushroom.
3. Elementary Crop Physiology-This is an introduction to crop physiology.
4. Farm Machinery and Power-This subject teach us about different machinery used in farm for the ease of farmers.
5. Farm Management and Natural Resource Economics
6. Fundamentals of Extension Education and Rural Development
7. Post-Harvest Mgt. & Processing of Fruits and Vegetables-This subject teach us about different processes which can be done after harvest of the crop
8. Practical Crops Production -1
Subjects in 6th semester
1. Farming System and Sustainable Agriculture
2. Conservation and Management of soil and water resources
3. Ornamental Horticulture
4. Environmental Science
5. Silviculture and Agro-Forestry
6. Seed Production and Processing Technology
7. Practical Crops Production – II
Subjects in 7th semester
2. Breeding and Improvement of Farm Animals
3. Principles of Animal Nutrition
4. Element of Food Technology
5. Human Food and Nutrition
6. Soil Taxonomy, Survey, and remote sensing
7. Production Technology of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants
Subjects in 8th semester
· Internship and rural work experience.
This article has been written by Govind Gupta (BSc Agriculture) and published by Agriculture Review.
If you are confused in selecting your career then read our article on Career in Agriculture Science.
Do share this with every students to enlighten them on BSC. Agriculture, syllabus, subjects, and scope.
Don’t forget to check out more informative articles on our page, subscribe to our blog to get awesome updates on agriculture.
Comment below to leave your suggestions.
Aditya Abhishek is an Agriculture Science student who focuses on learning and delivering knowledge on Agriculture and Home Gardening. He created Agriculture Review as a common platform for all nature enthusiast to learn better practices of agriculture and gardening.